Friday, March 1, 2013

SWEET TURKEY CHILI

My famous (with family and friends) sweet turkey chili.  If you are looking for spicy, this one is not for you.  If you like things sweet, then this is perfect!  I grew up with chili that had a high tomato base and very mild.  I like a bit more spice now than I did then, but the family likes it sweet.  If my hubby wants spicy he just throws in some tabasco sauce and he is good to go.  This is a way I can sneak some veggies past the kids.  You could add your own ingredients and spices to make it your own.



 
INGREDIENTS

1 lb. lean 93/7 ground turkey
1/2 Tbsp. onion flakes (or more)
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/2 Tbsp. sugar or sugar substitute
1/2 tsp. mined garlic
2 cans chili beans in mild sauce
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1/4 cup ketchup

DIRECTIONS

Slow Cooker -  Brown meat with onion, garlic, and spices.  Drain and put in slow cooker.  Add beans and tomatoes and cook on Low for at least 4 hours.

Microwave -  Place ground turkey, onion, and spices in a microwave safe bowl.  Cook for 5 minutes and stir.  Cook for another 5 minutes.  Add the beans, tomatoes, and ketchup and stir.  Cook for 10-15 more minutes (stirring every 5 minutes).  Serve

***I use my bean pot from Celebrating Home for my microwave chili.  It is wonderful!  I am not a consultant, but you can contact one - they have many styles.



No comments:

Post a Comment