Saturday, February 23, 2013

LITE GARLIC CHEDDAR BISCUITS

I made these to go with the chowder.  They are a light version of the ones served in the famous seafood restaurant chain.  Even my kids like them!

Adapted From :  Food.Com




Nutritional Information


INGREDIENTS
2 cups baking mix (I use Bisquick Heart Smart)
3/4 cup lowfat buttermilk (I use buttermilk powder mix so I can make fresh each time)
1 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp. butter substitute
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. dried parsley (optional)  - I forgot and took the picture before I put it on
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Add buttermilk to Bisquick mix in a bowl and stir softly till mixed.  Add cheese and stir in gently or mix by hand.  Divide into 12 portions and place on greased cookie sheet.  Bake for 18-20 min. OR until biscuits start to brown on top.  In a small bowl melt the "butter", and stir in the garlic powder. Use a pastry brush to spread this mixture over the top and sides of the biscuits.  Sprinkle with parsley if desired.  Best when served warm.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment